Thursday, May 25, 2006

Clovis News-Journal Day 9

Today was another laid back day, I only had two assignments. The first was the murder trial that I had been covering. During a recess the judge actually came up to me and introduced himself. I guess he recognized that I wasn't the old photographer form the paper. He was polite and wanted to make sure I wasn't taking photos of the jury. I left during closing arguments and went to Cannon Air Force base to get some PR photos for a story we're doing on the Thunderbirds. (the tight formation flying squadron) They're flying at the air show on Saturday so it was a preview for that. I left there and got a call from the writter covering the trial. She said the jury had reached a verdict. I rushed over to the court house and got in just as the defense attorney got back.


3 comments:

Ray Black III said...

I really like that second frame, with the square crop. That works real effectively here. There's too much similarity between the shots for them to work as a package together, but they're both real nice. Excellent exposure, and I fucking hate you, have I mentioned that, Mr. A Different Perfect Sky Each Day?

Ray Black III said...

Oh yeah, and what was the verdict, Mr. I Build You Up With A Story Then Don't Give You The Final Resolution To Describe My Photo guy.

Unknown said...

So he was guilty on all counts. Murder I, Agrivated Assualt, Discarging a fire arm at a motor vehicle. I think a couple others too.