Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Clovis Day 1

Yesterday was my first day at the Clovis New Journal. I went in about 11:30 to get my working space cleaned up and to get familiar with the system. My first assignment was to go feature hunting. I found the dude fishing at the lake across from the Taco Box (the coolest fast food place in Clovis, it's even got wireless internet)
Then I was off to Texico, New Mexico to cover graduation. Texico is about 6 miles east of Clovis, almost on the NM, TX state line.
It looks like I only have one assignment today so I see more feature hunting in my future. Given the way this week is shaping up, I'll have a lot of time to work on projects. I've already talked to the managing editor and we're going to do a page on my trip out this sunday.

1 comment:

chris said...

I like the feature! You said it stunk = you lose. the graduation one makes me sad that noone shot my graduation :(