Sunday, May 21, 2006

Clovis News-Journal Day 5

This morning my first assignment was at 10am. It was Clovis High graduation. They ended up doing a page on it. I was happy with the photos but the designer wasn't very creative with the layout. I think I started to get across some of my ideas to a couple of the designers. They seem to be reasonable folks who I can work with. I actually sat down with one about how to layout a 2 picture package. Given what I submitted it made for an uninteresting page. Give what I had seen I reedited one photo to change the shape so it would work better on the page. I don't feel like I'm bending to their wills but we're working together to create something better. That makes me feel good. I also had my first spot news. I was driving back from my last graduation of the day (I shot 2) and I see a fire truck laying a hose. So I investigate and notice smoke coming from a building a couple blocks away. I stop a block away and head over to start taking pictures. I talk to the fire guys a little then call into the office to let them know I'm on it.
Not a bad first week, I'm off sunday so I can relax and try to finish up some projects around the apartment.



No comments: