Sunday, November 19, 2006

Clovis News-Journal: Back in Clovis

After a several days in Albuquerque I was back to Clovis. Tuesday I got back on the job.. Unfortunately it was one of those 4 assignments in 3 1/2 hours, with an hour of driving thrown in, kind of days.

The first assignment... Tumbleweeds.. You see we were having sustained winds of around 40mph with gusts over 50. Since they were coming from the west, which is the flattest most desolate area around town, it brought the tumbleweeds.

For those of you who haven't lived in the southwest, yes there are tumbleweeds. They do blow down and across the street. They also have prickers on them, which makes getting hit by them very undesirable.

I head out to this house that is apparently covered in tumbleweeds. It turns out the front of the house is completely covered, up to the roof and ten feet out. The guy that lived there was trying to clear a path to his front door so his wife could get out.




After I tumbleweeds I head out to shoot some sports practices. Then I get a call about a fire at the junior high, that's right around the corner.

No comments: