Sunday, August 13, 2006

Clovis News-Journal: Days 59 and 60

Today was the start of 2 a day practices for the high school football team. This meant getting up at dawn and going over to the high school. The worst part was the getting up at dawn part. After I was up, I was out shooting practice in nice light.
The next day was one of my most difficult days in a while. An army soldier from Clovis was killed in Iraq the previous Friday. After I was over at the family's house for a couple hours I just wanted to go home. I was emotionally drained. Unfortunately, the paper still needed a feature and I had to shoot soccer practice. I wandered in the big gawdy antique store in Texico and talked with one of the owners for a while. Afterwards I headed to girls soccer practice. At this point I really wanted to go home. I realized I didn't bring a lens longer than 85mm. I think I was at practice for 5 minutes total. I was very done and just wanted to go home.




No comments: