Monday, August 14, 2006

Clovis News-Journal: Day 58, Wild Art

I'm taking a break before I post the fallen soldier's family photo. With the whirlwind of editing I've been doing over the past couple days, I missed a day. This was last saturday. For the most part it was slow. More tax free shopping/back to school photos in the morning, though nothing very interesting. In the afternoon I needed to find a feature.

So I'm driving around downtown Clovis. I first wanted to check out the old barber shop there, but turns out it was closed. I drive another block and see two burly guys hanging outside a tattoo shop. I park and go up to them. Turns out they're pretty nice and the owner lets me come inside and shoot. This was definitely a fun time, I spent about 3 hours there shooting and just hanging out. I wanted to do a story from there, but my editor nixed it. He claimed we've covered tattoos to death. It sounds like another project I'll work on in my own time.

No comments: