Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Clovis News-Journal Day 31

Today was short assignment and office work day. I spent about an hour tracking down the warrenty info for the D2Hs at work, since it's been hosed for 2 weeks now. That's all taken care of and I can send it back tomorrow.
I ended up shooting 3 quick assignments. Mostly pretty boring stuff, a press conference for the new president of the communiry college, an accident and a portrait of the new administrator to the hospital. I'll spare the accident, since I really don't like shooting those.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the portrait; there's no doubt when I see that photo that the guy is in an executive position of some sort. However, his right pant leg is falling weird, like he's broken his ankle, but that's his fault for getting pants that are an inch too long. I actually like the bit of glare on his glasses because it draws your attention directly to his face.

I like how the light beams down in the other photo, but I like the version on the CNJ site better even though there's a 3rd person in the shot. I think the balance in that version of the photo is better, but probably I just don't understand how non-traditional shots work yet.

/my 2 cents, whatever it's worth

Anonymous said...

I think I would have liked to see the one in front of the medical center shot longways against the signage given the sharp lines in the building. Did you get any like that? like maybe 50 degrees off center with him under the sign?

John