Thursday, December 06, 2007

Soggy Soggy Football

I love watching a good soggy football game. I also love looking at photos from such a game. I don't enjoy the act of shooting games those games. It's a constant struggle to protect your gear while still trying to use it to get the best photographs you can. In this particular instance, I found that my hiking boots are no longer water proof. Wet feet when it's 50 degrees and raining is not fun.

We had a unusually strong late storm that dropped over an inch of rain on the valley last Friday. Before that rain, we had a little over 4 inches for the year. I was surprised they actually played considering there was over an inch of standing water between the tackles from the 30 yard line on one end to the 10 yard line on the other.

All that said, the end result is worth the discomfort and exhausting working conditions.






No comments: