Thursday, October 05, 2006

Clovis News-Journal: Day 99, time for some chicken salad

I've been kind of bogged down lately and haven't updated much. I'm getting fewer photos that I'm really jazzed about. This might be part of why I haven't been posting.

Tonight I was assigned to make photos and record audio for a slideshow. The subject was the repaving of a 1/2 mile stretch of road. Now this isn't just any road. It's N. Prince St, the main drag in Clovis. But it's still freaking road paving and this assignment came down from the top as priority #1. One good thing that came out of it was that the paper finally ponied up the $40 for soundslides. It's amazing how fast they'll buy a program when the publisher says so. I'm not going to mention that I've been hounding them to get this very same program since I got here in May. Well, I guess I just did mention it. Oops...

This was a definite case of making chicken salad out of chicken sh.. well, you've heard the saying before.

Even with the migraine I had and the dark cloud hanging over me from how the assignment came about, I managed to make the most of it and played with the cool lights. It's not my best work, but I felt I got a good variety given the circumstances.






If you want to see the slideshow you can check it out at:

http://accessnode.net/slideshows/2006/prince_st/

No comments: