Monday, September 18, 2006

Clovis News-Journal: Day 86, Saturday afternoon lights?

Today was Saturday afternoon high school football. The team was playing a Texas team in Amarillo. The stadium was gorgeous. It had field turf and actually felt more like a nice small college stadium than high school. Apparently they only use it for high school games and it's owned by the school system.

One of the nice things about shooting an early afternoon game 100 miles from home is that I got to stay for the entire game and didn't have to worry about transmiting at half time. Because of this, I decided to try something different in the second half. I left my 300 in the press box and shot only with my 17-35 and my 70-200. I shot a lot more features and not much action. The action I did shoot, I shot it differently from the stuff I shot in the first half.





No comments: